Enjoy your favorite foods.

Putting your favorite foods off limits leads to weight gain because you and I both know the second we put on ourselves that I can't have it, that's all we want!

Instead of cutting out your favorite foods altogether, be choosy. Remember that every morsel of food counts, there are no freebie calories that dissolve into the ether because we pretend we didn't eat it. Eat what you want, but be exceptionally discerning what you give into on a whim.

Knowing you can have whatever you want, also helps alleviate that guilty must eat the whole bag of chips 'cause if I'm gonna be bad, may as well go all the way. Plus I know the thinking... you think if I eat the entire bag, then the chips are gone and won't be a stumbling block and I'll get back on track tomorrow... Come on, you and I both know you're just gonna buy another bag and promise yourself you won't eat it all at one time this time.

Stop pressuring yourself! Losing weight is about redefining your eating and exercise habits. It's not about deprivation and guilt. Enjoy what you enjoy, but be conscious of it and remember to treat your body with kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

For enlightenment and support on your life writing path, please "like" our facebook page.