Stock your kitchen with healthy convenience foods.

On those days when you're exhausted and craving your old normal, having a well stocked kitchen will be your best ally. You'll be less likely to hit the drive-through or call in a pizza order if you can make a healthy meal in 5 or 10 minutes.

Some staple suggestions that I use are...

  • Fresh vegetables: I hate wasting money and I know the fresh will only last so long so it motivates me to eat it!
  • Bags of pre-washed greens or what I like to do is buy a variety of greens, wash them, tear them and store them together in a large Rubbermaid container so I have fresh salad fixing available to me all the time. I also tend to keep cooked and diced chicken, dried cranberries, shredded cheeses and croutons at the ready as well!
  • Canned diced tomatoes or a good salsa
  • Canned beans
  • Canned corn
  • Whole-grain wraps or pitas
  • Frozen chicken strips
  • A few containers of pre-cooked brown rice or quinoa
It just feels so good to go into your kitchen and play, and when you stock it right, eating healthy literally becomes a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

For enlightenment and support on your life writing path, please "like" our facebook page.